We started as a single chatline in 1990 and grew to become the leader in voice enabled social networking. Today, using our years of experience as investors, business operators and technology experts, we are helping other companies thrive in ways they never imagined. Follow the link to Teligence Capital to see our portfolio of companies.
We are currently looking for an experienced financial professional to join our team as a part-time Financial Analyst. Working specifically to increase the size and scope of the Teligence Capital portfolio, this person will be responsible for industry research, financial modelling, and presenting findings related to relevant business opportunities to our Executive team.
What You'll Do
As the part-time Financial Analyst, you’ll take direction from the Executive team on projects involving researching opportunities as well as formulating thoughtful and thorough analysis on potential business ventures. Working relatively autonomously and with simple direction, you’ll be in charge of finding and presenting your research and data-driven solutions.
Your key accountabilities are as follows:
- Conduct industry or business specific research to assess opportunities
- Create and update financial models to forecast and answer business inquiries
- Present relevant findings and make recommendations to the Executive team
- Prepare dynamic financial models, reports and presentations to support data-driven recommendations, financial feasibility and new business initiatives
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the macro and micro economy to understand the external market and identify areas to capitalize on
- Establish financial benchmarks to measure performance
- Compare past and projected performance of the business and competitors to make recommendations and suggest future financial trajectory
Who You Are
We are all about attitude at Teligence Capital, working hard with a positive attitude is a non-negotiable. We believe having the right attitude means:
- You are endlessly curious, always digging into findings and generating multiple possible solutions
- You are action oriented; once you are given a question you know how to run with it and arrive at an answer
- You find enjoyment in candid conversations and animated debates
- You are organized and agile, able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines
- You are highly analytical and detail oriented
- You are a curious problem solver, interested in uncovering market intricacies and presenting solutions and out-of-the-box ideas
- You are a superior communicator with an ability to present information clearly and articulately
- You are goal-driven and self-motivated, able to work autonomously and with little direction
- You are flexible, friendly, and approach all situations with a sense of humour!
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- A degree in finance, accounting, or economics
- Ideally CFA designated (or in current pursuit of)
- Highly proficient in excel, creating reports and industry standard market research tools
What You'll Get
We believe that every day you should come to work with a purpose.
At Teligence, we work within a group of intelligent and talented people who think big, dream big, and work hard to make those dreams a reality. Together, we are committed to staying true to our core values: do the right thing, do it together, bring your best, be yourself. We’re proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of our team, while fostering shared success across our organization.
In addition, we are pleased to offer our employees:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness reimbursement program; RRSP matching; medical and dental coverage; and more
- Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Fun, collaborative environment with a focus on employee recognition
Come join us and be part of something great!